The Historic Brown County Courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Historic District encompasses three contributing buildings: the courthouse, Old Log Jail, and the large Pioneer Village Community Building Log Cabin. The Brown County Courthouse was built in 1873-1874, and is a two-story, Greek Revival style brick building. It has a gable roof and two-tiered, flat-roofed frame tower. The photo above is c. 1920's and it is funny to note the chickens roaming freely on the Courthouse Lawn.